There are three ways to become involved with the team:
1. Become a Star City Roller Girl
- Be Awesome
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a girl (Sorry guys, this one is ladies only)
- Start volunteering as an NSO (non-skating official) at our bouts to learn the game
- Be willing and able to attend a rigorous 10 week program that will teach you everything you need to know about how to be a derby player.
- Pass skills test once we’ve imparted all our wisdom and skills upon you
- Continue to be Awesome
If you are interested in transferring to us from another team, please shoot us an email and we’ll email you all the specifics on how to join us!
2. Become a Referee
If you’re interested in the mechanics of the game but not sure you want to bout, being a zebra might be for you! (No actual zebras allowed!)
Refs are needed at every bout to help call penalties and conduct the bout. If this sounds up your alley, you should:
- Attend the SCRG boot camp. This help build basic derby skating skills.
- Come to practices to work with the other refs.
- Study study study the WFTDA rules, available here.
- You can be a ref regardless of gender.
It’s difficult to stress how important NSOs (non-skating officials) are for playing roller derby. WFTDA-sanctioned bouts require the presence of a number of NSOs to help run the bout, and so we always need more people to help with that!
Become the backbone of our derby bouts! No skates, but still plenty of great ways to help out, and be a part of the team! Open to anyone. (Still no actual zebras allowed!)
Contact us at email@example.com for any and all information or questions you may have concerning joining our team!